Andrew Thomas started his career representing insurance companies throughout Northern Virginia before joining Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas. He specializes in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases, litigation, and jury trials.
Now, Andrew only represents people and families against insurance companies. He's litigated hundreds of cases throughout his career and has obtained numerous multi-million dollar recoveries for his clients.
After 25 years, he holds the highest rating (AV Preeminent) from Martindale-Hubbell, based on the opinions of fellow attorneys and judges. He's been named to Virginia Super Lawyers and is recognized as a "Best Lawyer" in his field by Northern Virginia Magazine.
Andrew is known for taking a diligent, aggressive, yet cordial approach to his practice. He believes the "ordinary" case simply doesn't exist - each brings a unique challenge. Outside the firm, he values above all time and pursuits with his family.
- Juris Doctor, Antonin Scalia Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, James Madison University
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, Lexis-Nexis
- Named to Virginia Super Lawyers (2016 - present)
- Rated Superb by Avvo.com
- Listed, Best Lawyers, Northern Virginia Magazine (2014 - present)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (2017)
- Virginia State Bar
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Federal District Court (Eastern District of Virginia)
- United States Federal District Court (Western District of Virginia)
- United States Court of Appeals (Fourth Circuit)
I am extremely grateful to Andrew Thomas for advice he provided me after I was involved in a car accident caused by another person. As I was referred to him by my daughter-in-law, he was completely willing to advise me, and was honest enough to encourage me to pursue my claim without retaining his services, so that I could benefit from my settlement. At the same time, he was also willing to assist me if I chose to retain his services. I highly recommend Mr. Thomas, who is personable, very empathetic, and generous with his time and knowledge.
Written by: Liz Monseur
Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas
Date published: 10/11/2018
5 / 5 stars
Overall rating: ★★★★★ based on 15 reviews