Carl N. Lauer was born in Toms River, New Jersey and grew up in Potsdam, New York. Carl graduated from Hamilton College in Clinton, New York in 1982 and moved to Virginia where he graduated from the Washington and Lee University School of Law in 1985. After graduation, Carl served for three years as a Captain in the U.S. Army as a military attorney in the Judge Advocate General Corps. For most of his service time, he served in the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
Following his release from active duty in 1989, Carl joined the firm and he became a general partner in 1992. For the last 22 years, he has focused his individual practice on representing injured persons in automobile accidents and Virginia Workers' Compensation Claims. He has handled hundreds of workers' compensation and injury claims throughout the state. He is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Workers' Compensation Section.
Carl has been active throughout his career in local affairs and spent several years serving the Warrenton community through his work with the local Jaycees. At this time, Carl lives with his wife and three daughters in Stephens City, just outside of Winchester, Virginia. His wife Susan teaches kindergarten at a local Frederick County elementary school.
Carl frequently serves as a guest speaker for the business law classes at Sherando High School. With his wife Susan, they volunteer as team parents for the Sherando Sharks' summer swim team through the Frederick County Parks and Recreation Department. They also serve as team officials for the Sherando Warrior High School swim team.
When he's not busy practicing law and spending time with his wife and daughters, Carl enjoys all kinds of sports, including golf, rugby, and football. As a proud parent, he particularly enjoys watching his daughters' athletic and academic activities.
- Bachelor of Arts, Government, Hamilton College (1982) Magna Cum Laude
- Juris Doctor, Washington and Lee University School of Law (1985)
- United States Army, Judge Advocate General School's Officer Basic Course (1986) Commandant's List
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Captain, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) 1986 -1989
- Member, All-Army Rugby Football Club 1987 & 1988
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia State Bar (1985)
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Army Court of Military Review
- Community Activities:
- Former member and Registered Agent, Warrenton- Fauquier Jaycees