In a Virginia traffic accident, you should call the police as soon as possible, particularly if you believe someone else is at fault in the crash. Your Front Royal traffic accident lawyer will need a police report to help determine negligence.
In the state of Virginia, you should call the police if there are injuries involved or if the property damage exceeds $1,000. The police will be able to take a report regarding your Virginia traffic accident and that report could prove crucial later on for your Virginia traffic accident lawyer if you need to recover damages from your accident.
After the police have been contacted, there are things you should remember to do at a car accident scene:
- assess Injuries— make sure you’re okay, and check on the condition of others if possible;
- gather Information— if you’re okay, try to write down everything you can;
- be conscious of what you say— talk to the police and keep statements to other victims to a minimum;
- don’t make an agreement at the scene— it’s not a good idea to make a deal with other parties at the scene, nor is it a good idea to accept a settlement at the scene from an insurance adjuster; and
- take photos— most cell phones have cameras, and photos you take may be vital to a Virginia traffic accident lawyer.
A Front Royal traffic accident can be traumatic, and it’s important to keep your head.
A Front Royal Traffic Accident Lawyer Can Help
You may be the victim of negligence in your Virginia traffic accident, and a Front Royal traffic accident lawyer may be able to assist you in seeking justice. The attorneys of Dulaney, Lauer, and Thomas in Front Royal are ready to listen. Call today at 540-636-7100 or 888-534-5346 to find out how they can help you.