The time after any accident can be scary and confusing. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Virginia you should know what to do. It is important to make the right steps and decisions after an accident to protect yourself and a possible personal injury claim. If you do decide to file a claim, Front Royal injury lawyers can help.
After a Motorcycle Accident in Virginia
Follow these steps if you ever find yourself the victim of a motorcycle accident:
- if you are injured seek immediate medical attention, even if you do not think the injuries are serious because a delay in treatment could jeopardize your case;
- do not leave the scene of the accident and if possible wait until the police and others involved in the accident have left before you do;
- do not speculate on what caused the accident – leave that to the police and insurance company;
- get the contact information of any eyewitnesses and the other drivers involved;
- take photos and/or video of the accident scene, your injuries and property damage;
- keep copies of the police reports, medical records and correspondence from the insurance company; and
- contact Front Royal injury lawyers to help you file a personal injury claim. Don't speak with any insurance adjusters until you have spoken with a lawyer.
Don’t miss your chance for compensation after a motorcycle accident leaves you with injuries. You may be entitled to collect damages for medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. Contact Front Royal injury lawyers today to learn about what options are available to you.
Contacting Front Royal Injury Lawyers
If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. The injury and wrongful death lawyers at Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas are available to help those who have been involved in a Northern Virginia auto accident. Call 540-636-7100 to speak with an experienced Front Royal attorney today.