The best thing you can do is prepare for a traffic accident before it even happens.
Traffic accident lawyers advise keeping an accident kit in your glove box to prepare yourself for a car accident including everything you need to document the incident:
- a card with any known allergies and medical conditions in case you suffer serious injuries and need medical care; and
- the contact information for a traffic accident lawyer. You'll never know when you'll need it.
What to Do After an Accident
If you do have an accident, take the following steps.
- Move vehicles to a safe location out of traffic’s way, if possible.
- Call the local police department -- or 911 if there are any injuries.
- Take pictures with your camera of your car and the other car. Photographic evidence of damage, plus your surroundings, can bolster a claim if necessary.
- Use your pen and paper to illustrate how the car accident occurred.
- Write down your name, phone number and insurance company. Ask for the same information from the other driver(s).
- Call your insurance company to report the incident.
- If there is an injury, seek medical attention.
- Contact a traffic accident lawyer for a case evaluation to determine if a lawsuit may result or if you're eligible to file a claim against the other driver.
Prepare Yourself for Legal Action
It’s wise to have a traffic accident attorney in mind in case you do end up in a traffic accident. For a traffic accident attorney who knows what it takes to win a car accident lawsuit, choose Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas. Keep the number 1-540-636-7100 in your car for a free case evaluation after an accident.