It's easy to panic after a traffic accident in Virginia. It can be a hectic scene, especially if you have sustained an injury. If you were involved in an accident Virginia injury lawyers recommend doing certain things right after the crash.
- Stay calm and breathe deeply;
- Even if you do not appear to be injured, seek medical attention;
- If possible, move your vehicle to a safe spot out of traffic;
- Call the police and have them file an accident report;
- Notify your insurance company of your traffic accident;
- Do not sign any documents without first consulting with a lawyer;
- If you can, collect evidence such as contact info for witnesses and photos;
- Keep you conversations short and limited to the police, medical personnel and insurance company;
- If possible, do not leave the scene of the accident before the police and other drivers.
These are valuable first steps that can make a difference in your accident case.