If you are dealing with a suspected or known case of Virginia nursing home, assisted living, or home health care abuse or neglect, you are probably looking for help and advice. Our Virginia nursing home abuse lawyers have put together a great deal of free information on our website for people just like you, people facing the terrible reality of having to deal with an unimaginable situation.
Here is how this website can help:
- Visit our main website page on nursing home and assisted living abuse & neglect
- Read short, informative articles about elder abuse and neglect
- View relevant news stories about nursing home abuse & neglect
- Check out our Virginia nursing home attorney blog
Articles about specific types of elder abuse and neglect:
- How staff shortages contribute to elder abuse – budget cuts at your loved one’s facility could contribute to abuse or neglect when there aren’t enough workers to take care of all residents
- The danger of falls for elderly residents – elders are especially vulnerable to falls, and some homes are negligent in failing to protect their resident from potentially fatal falls
- The horror of elder sexual abuse – it is hard to believe that in their twilight years elderly residents are at risk of sexual abuse and exploitation at the hands of staff or other residents
- The types of fraud schemes seen in nursing homes – elderly residents are often the target of fraud, whether from a staff member, total stranger, or family member
- When physical or chemical restraints are abused – medication or straps can be used to restrain residents, but these “tools” can be abused
- Spotting and stopping elder financial abuse – as the economy continues to struggle, there are more and more cases of elderly residents being taken advantage of financially by cash-strapped family members or nursing home staffers
If you are facing a case of nursing home abuse, please don’t hesitate to take action. Use the resources on this website to learn more about elder abuse and neglect, and please contact the discrete, compassionate attorneys at Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas today.