As a driver in Virginia, among of the most important pieces of protection you can have is uninsured motorist coverage. Because Virginia car insurance law does not require all drivers have minimum liability coverage, you are placed at a greater risk. If you were to have a collision with an uninsured driver, you could end up paying for the resulting damages and injuries if you don’t have uninsured motorist coverage on your insurance plan.
Make sure your car insurance policy has this coverage. It could compensate you for the following, should you collide with an uninsured driver:
- medical bills and costs associated with injuries from the accident;
- damages to your vehicle and property;
- lost income and wages due to injury or time spent away from work because of the wreck;
- pain and emotional suffering; and
- legal defense if you are required to hire a Warrenton car accident attorney and go to court.
Take time to protect you and your family by carefully reviewing your insurance policy. Having uninsured motorist coverage could end up saving you hundreds or thousands of dollars in the event of an accident.
Contact a Warrenton Car Accident Attorney
Were you involved in a collision with a driver in violation of Virginia car insurance law? Call 540-341-0007 to speak to a Warrenton car accident attorney at Dulaney, Lauer and Thomas about your case today.