There is a lot of information that could be gathered at the scene of a car accident. It could help in determining what happened and who was at fault. To learn more about the types of evidence that may be useful in your case, contact a Warrenton personal injury lawyer.
If possible, you should collect some of the following information at the scene of your accident:
- contact information of others involved in the accident and any witnesses (name, phone number, address);
- insurance information of the other driver;
- pictures of the damaged vehicles, skid marks, the scene itself (get a variety of angles), your injuries and anything else pertinent to your accident;
- information on how to obtain a copy of the police report; and
- anything else that is related to the accident or your injuries.
Contacting a Warrenton Personal Injury Lawyer
Your next step should be to consult with a Warrenton personal injury lawyer. It’s important to bring along with you any of the information you have collected, which can help begin to build a case.
To understand your rights after a car accident, contact Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas, Attorneys and Counselors at Law. Our law firm handles injury and accident cases for residents in Front Royal, Culpeper, Warrenton, and surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free consultation – 888-907-2631 (Warrenton Office), 800-741-1012 (Culpeper Office), and 888-534-5346 (Front Royal Office).