You’ve heeded the warnings about not texting and driving. You don’t even program your GPS while you are driving. You are aware that using technology while driving can result in serious and potentially fatal Fort Royal car accidents, and you want no part of it.
Technology Is Not the Only Distracted Driving Danger
While putting away your cell phone and pre-programming your GPS may help you avoid some distracted driving accidents, it is also important to be aware that distracted driving accidents do not require the use of technology. Distracted driving accidents are not a new phenomenon. Instead, there are low-tech dangers that have been causing distracted driving accidents for decades, and you need to avoid these, also.
Five common low-tech activities that could lead to distracted driving accidents include:
- Reading a map while driving.
- Dealing with your children or pets while driving.
- Eating or drinking while driving.
- Changing the radio station.
- Thinking about something other than driving.
Any of these actions, and countless others, can cause you to do one or more of the following:
- Take your eyes off the road and become visually distracted.
- Take your hands off the wheel and become physically distracted.
- Take your concentration off driving safely and become cognitively distracted.
If your activity causes you to become distracted in one or more of these ways, then it is potentially dangerous.
Call a Fort Royal Car Accident Car Accident Lawyer if You’ve Been Hurt
Now that you are aware of these potential dangers, you can take the necessary actions to avoid them. However, you can’t control other drivers, and you may still end up as the victim of a distracted driving crash in Virginia. If you’ve been hurt, please find out more about your legal rights and possible recovery by scheduling a FREE consultation with our experienced Fort Royal car accident attorneys. We welcome your call at 540-636-7100 or 888-534-5346.