If you could’ve avoided the physical pain, financial difficulty, and emotional suffering caused by your Virginia motorcycle accident, you would’ve done so. However, someone else’s negligent or deliberate actions caused you to suffer a significant injury. You couldn’t prevent it, but you can control what happens next.
10 Steps You Should Take if You’ve Been Hurt in a Virginia Bike Crash
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident anywhere in the Commonwealth of Virginia, it is important to:
- Call the police. It is important to call the police, or 911, to the scene so that the accident can be reported and investigated, and so that additional accidents do not occur as a result of your crash.
- Gather your own evidence at the accident scene. If you are physically able to do so, it is important to take pictures, write down notes, and gather contact names for any parties or witnesses of the crash.
- Get medical help. It is important to have a thorough medical examination to determine the extent of your injuries.
- Follow medical advice. Follow the advice provided by your doctors so that you can recover to the maximum possible extent.
- Inform your employer of your injury and how it may impact your job. You may be out of work, or accommodations may need to be made because of your injuries.
- Get the damage on your bike assessed. An assessment will let you know the extent of your property damage.
- Be careful what you say to insurance adjusters. What you say may, and often will, be used against you.
- Resist pressure to accept a low settlement. Don’t accept any settlement without knowing what your case is worth and your likelihood of getting a fair recovery.
- Arrange for the help you need. Let family, friends, and neighbors help you during this difficult time.
- Call a Front Royal motorcycle accident lawyer. An experienced Virginia accident lawyer can make sure that all of our rights are protected and can advise you about the specific steps you should take to protect your future.
There will be a lot to think about after a motorcycle accident injury. Remember, you don’t have to do it alone.
Instead, we encourage you to contact an experienced Front Royal motorcycle accident attorney at (540) 636-7100 or (888) 534-5346 for a free consultation about your legal rights and possible recovery.