You are probably reading this because you or someone you love was injured in an on-the-job accident in Virginia and you want to know what benefits you may be due. The good news is that depending on your injuries, there are a variety of benefits that you deserve after a Virginia workplace accident.
Virginia Workers’ Comp Benefits:
- Replacement for lost wages: If you have temporary total or temporary partial disability, you may be eligible for full or partial wage loss replacement.
- Permanent partial disability: If you lose the use of a part of your body (due to damage or amputation), or if you lose your hearing or eyesight, suffer diminished lung capacity, or experience scarring or disfigurement, you may be eligible to receive disability payments calculated based on the extent of your injuries.
- Permanent total disability: If you lose the use of both hands, arms, legs, feet, eyes or any two of these in the same workplace accident, or if you are paralyzed or disabled due to brain damage from an accident, then you could receive wage replacement payments for the rest of your life.
- Lifetime medical benefits: If your work-related injury or disease is going to affect you for the rest of your life, you may receive payment for expenses related to your condition. This could include payment or reimbursement of your out-of-pocket medical bills, prescription expenses, and transportation expenses depending on your situation.
- Death benefits: If someone you love was killed in an on-the-job accident, his or her surviving spouse, children or other dependents may be able to receive replacement wage benefits and payment for funeral and burial expenses.
Depending on your situation you may also be due cost of living increases and mileage reimbursement. An experienced Virginia workers’ comp lawyer will be able to review your situation with you and let you know what to expect from your Virginia workers’ comp claim.
Injured on the job in Warrenton, Culpeper or a nearby town? Please contact our offices to speak with an experienced Virginia workers’ comp lawyer today.
DULANEY, LAUER & THOMAS, LLP
98 Alexandria Pike, Suite 11
Warrenton, VA 20186
Toll Free: 888.907.2631
209 N. West Street
Culpeper, VA 22701
Toll Free: 800.741.1012